Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Things that make me happy #389 and 390

#389
When life imitates comic books: yesterday I was awoken in the morning by the sound of two squirrels beating the tar out of each other on the ridge of the living room roof (which is rather steeply canted, I should state).  I got to the window in time to see the two squirrels wrapped together in a little squirrel ball, biting, scratching, and lashing away at each other with their tails, go rolling down the roof, off the eaves and smacking on the ground below, where they continued to beat the tar out of each other.  All I could think was "Calvin and Hobbes".

#390
Driving home on a warm night with the sunroof and the windows open, playing the soundtrack to "the Commitments"... and singing along, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment