Monday, July 25, 2011

First Night

Okay, no free time for pictures- we'll see about that when it happens...maybe take the camera with me on my morning walk for some misty mountain pictures. 

A lovely surprise this weekend: the class description that was given for this session said that we would be doing only gas reduction- this being rather surprising considering that the instructor is Phil Rogers, guru of salt and wood fire. Well, once he got to campus and looked at the kilns the plan rather changed- now we will be doing a wood firing and probably at least two salt firings...no plain gas reduction at all.  Y'all have no idea (or maybe you do) how excited this makes me!  I'll be even more excited after Tuesday night, once the pressure of having to give a slide presentation of my work to the entire school (plus all the area potters who will probably come up just to see Phil's slides) is removed!

Re-adjusting to throwing stoneware clay is proving interesting- it's not as stretchy as porcelain, and I keep trying to push it too far.  (I have not gone over to the dark side, I have not...so don't gloat, Joce.)

Beddy bye time- Yunomi demo tomorrow!

1 comment: