Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Penland Pictures: Monday, Week One

 Well, here are some Penland pictures for you deprived folk who aren't here.


Coming up the hill this morning on my walk...








...And looking down the hill- this is the view from my room in Craft House.






What with the rain and all the humidity up here, some of the stuff popping out of the ground is pretty wild- these Indian Pipes were growing on the side of the road across from the Gallery.



And here are some pictures of Yunomi, and larger Chawan-style Teabowls (untrimmed) that Phil threw for the demo today:








I'll have pictures of my pots tomorrow, post trimming.  In three 'here and there' days of throwing I've already made more pots than I made in two weeks last summer...I haven't counted the total tally of pots, but I've already blown through 65 lbs of clay!

Tomorrow's excitement includes the demo on trimming these bowls, and CLAY SLIDE NIGHT!  (Which includes the studio assistants!)  If you're in the area: 8:15pm @ Northlight.

1 comment: